Your child may qualify as homeless if you are:
- sharing housing with others due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or similar reason
- living in a motel, hotel, trailer park or camp grounds due to lack of alternative accommodations
- living in emergency or transitional shelters
- awaiting foster care placement
- whose primary nightime residence is not ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation (e.g. park benches, etc.)
- living in cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations
- migratory children who qualify as homeless
Each school has a homeless liaison (counselor, secretary, or intervention specialist) or you may contact the District’s Homeless Liaison,Elisse Sahlin, located at the District Office by calling (360) 629-1286. Please contact the liaison at your child’s school or the District liaison if you think your child may qualify as homeless.
For more qualifying situations and eligibility, click here to download the information.
For further information on requirements and guidance of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, please click here .