- Students are the most important part of our schools. Effective student learning is attained best through the smallest class size possible. Therefore, the maintenance of a high quality education through reasonable class sizes in the individual classroom is of paramount importance.
- Instruction and learning are our highest priorities.
- Increased levels of academic achievement will be sought for every student.
- The categorical programs, Food Service, Pupil Transportation, and other specially funded programs will operate as close as possible to their revenue base.
- The district’s Strategic Plan, including vision and mission statements, guides all key decisions.
- Adequate cash reserves will be maintained for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
- Instructional materials, purchases, and operational services will reflect funding realities.
- Legal mandates and contractual obligations will be observed.
- Levy commitments will be supported.
- No new program commitments will be made without a reallocation of resources.
- The extracurricular program contributes to future student success and complements academic learning. Such programs at elementary and secondary levels will receive equitable resources not to undermine support for academic programs.
- Develop and implement equitable resource allocation models.
Budget Development Guidelines
The School Board established the following guidelines for budget development: